If the people of Wandsworth and Merton are in any doubt, we hope that the quintessential sound of a brass band playing carols will soon remind them!
That’s right, Putney & Wimbledon Brass Band is delighted to announce its 2017 Christmas schedule.
Of the fifteen or so bookings we have in December; here are the ones that are open to the public, so feel free to come along and soak up the festive spirit!
- Fri 1st Dec 4pm – High View Primary School Winter Festival, SW11 2AA
- Fri 1st Dec 5:30pm – Raynes Park Christmas Festival, SW20 0JY
- Sat 2nd Dec 12pm – Wimbledon Chase Primary School Christmas Fair, SW19 3QB
- Sun 3rd Dec 11:30am – Positively Putney’s Three Wise Men, St Mary’s Church Square SW15 2JQ
- Sun 3rd Dec 3pm – Balham Christmas Lights Switch On, Bedford Hill Place SW12 9AU
- Tue 5th Dec 7:45pm – Performance with Wimbledon Community Chorus, St Mary’s Primary School, SW19 1QL
- Wed 6th Dec 8.30pm – Deck the Halls with Brass and Holly, The Green Man, Putney SW15 3NG
- Sat 9th Dec 4pm – Carol Singalong, Putney Methodist Church, SW15 6SN
- Sun 10th Dec 3:30pm – Carol Service at Community Church Putney, SW15 2LL
- Sat 16th Dec 5pm – Carols & Mulled Wine at St James’ Merton, SW20 9LB
- Sun 17th Dec 12pm – LoveWimbledon Christmas Market, The Piazza SW19 1QB
- Sun 17th Dec 7pm – Merry Quizmas, Prince of Wales, Putney SW15 2SP
Throughout the month, we’ll also be popping up at stations and town centres across the area, to cheer up weary commuters and stressed shoppers. Keep an eye on Twitter and Facebook to see where we’ll be and when!
A mere four weeks after our launch we’re overwhelmed by the response of the local community and the enthusiasm for a brass band in this part of South West London. We’re very excited to be supporting so many local events, and look forward to sharing a Christmas carol and a mulled wine with as many people as possible!