As 2017 draws to a close, Putney & Wimbledon Brass Band are reflecting on an incredible month spent spreading Chrstmas cheer to the residents of Wandsworth and Merton. We loved every single one of the 20+ engagements and busking sessions, with highlights including:
- Inspiring the next generation of brass players at Floreat Wandsworth, Wimbledon Chase and High View Primary Schools.
- Helping Putney Methodist Church raise over £400 for the Glass Door Homeless Charity.
- Entertaining a very rowdy post-quiz crowd at the Prince of Wales with some “brass band carol karaoke!”
- Performing for three camels in Putney and a donkey in Balham; all in the space of two hours!
- Free mince pies and strudel from Morrison’s Wimbledon when playing outside in a very damp Christmas Market.
- And, of course, appearing not once, not twice, but FIVE times on ITV, launching their Christmas competition alongside Andi Peters, live on Good Morning Britain and Lorraine.
For those that missed it, here’s a little clip from our YouTube channel:
As a new project in the area, we’ve been humbled by the way local community has welcomed and engaged with us, and look forward to providing the soundtrack to many more events in South West London throughout 2018.
Happy New Year!