We are a lively and ambitious brass band, founded in 2017. In March 2023 we were awarded first place in The London and Southern Counties Regionals and were promoted to 3rd Section from 2024.
In addition to weekly rehearsals it has been our great privilege to enjoy an annual workshop with the renowned arranger of brass band music Derek Broadbent. Derek, who is a keen and loyal supporter of PWBB, was the resident conductor of the Black Dyke Mills Band and the Brighouse & Rastrick Band and his many wonderful arrangements for brass include their ‘chart-topping’ success – The Floral Dance.
In 2022 we had our first annual workshop with the conductor Ian Lowes who was Principal in Bournemouth Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Welsh National Opera, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
The band rehearse in Putney every Wednesday from 7.45pm-10pm, and can usually be found enjoying a drink or two in a local pub afterwards.
Since our founding in 2017 we have raised funds for or in other ways supported the following causes:
- Guide Dogs for the Blind association, Wimbledon & District Branch
- The Mayor of Merton’s charities, including Colour House Theatre and Friends of St Helier
- Wimbledon Guild
- Action for Children
- The Alexandra Wimbledon’s free Christmas lunches for those alone at Christmas
- Housing for Women
- National Childbirth Trust
- High View Primary School
- Wimbledon Chase Primary School PTA
- Amber Trust … providing musical opportunities for blind and partially sighted children
- CARAS Supporting people of refugee and asylum seeking background who live in SW London
To see a list of our upcoming and previous events, take a look at our events page.